1.9.14

Campground Heaven - Summerton S.C. on Lake Marion


One of my first impressions after moving to Summerton, S.C., and I started driving around the county and cruising Lake Marion, was the amazing number of campgrounds there are in the area. This must be the capitol of campgrounds in South Carolina.

Check out this link to Summerton Campgrounds and learn about places like - Taw Caw Campground & Marina, Santee Lakes Campground, Carolina King Retreat & Marina, Polly's Landing, Jack's Creek Marina, and many others in the surrounding area. Every one of them appears to have a boat ramp and marina.

It's Labor Day weekend and as I cruised Lake Marion in my new (used) boat, I was amazed at the number of people staying at these campgrounds. I'm talking thousands of people in tents and campers of all sizes, along with their boats.

Camping swimming, water skiing, fishing, cooking, cruising, playing... It was wonderful to see. It's like campground heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment