Golfer alert! When you visit the town of Summerton, Santee and nearby Lake Marion, you will find numerous excellent golf courses in the area. Located conveniently just off I-95 and I-26 halfway between Charleston and Columbia S.C., it might be the right choice for those wanting to avoid the more crwded courses in Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head.
|Golf is a sport in which competing players use various clubs to hit balls into a series of holes on a golf course using as few strokes as possible. The game is generally played on a course consisting of an arranged progression of either 9 or 18 holes.|
Visiting golfers and their families might also want to do some boating on beautiful Lake Marion or visit one of the many federal and state parks in the area, such as the Santee National Wildlife Refuge.
Check out the following golf courses around Summerton, Santee, and the Lake Marion area:
- Clarendon Golf and Country Club
- Foxboro Golf Club
- Lake Marion Golf Course
- Santee Cooper Country Club
- Santee National Golf Club
- Shannon Greens Golf Club
- The Players Course at Wyboo
- Wyboo Golf Club
Other selected golfing information resources you might want to check out include:
- Golf Santee!
- South Carolina Golf Association
- South Carolina Golf Magazine
- United States Golf Association
* Don't forget to visit the Summerton SC: Nature & Outdoor Recreation web site.