Here are just a few selected facts related to the state of South Carolina in 2016 -
- Estimated population of South Carolina as of July 1, 2016, was 4,961,119
- 1,155,389 ballots cast for Donald Trump in SC during recent Presidential election; 855,373 ballots cast for Hillary Clinton.
- Women make up 51.4 percent of South Carolina’s population
- Women hold just 14.7 percent of the 170 seats in the SC legislature
- 3.25% pay raise for SC government workers this year, the largest in a decade
- The median household income for SC last year was $47,238
- SC unemployment rate dropped to 4.7% in 2016
- SC citizens without health insurance dropped to 16% last year
- SC ranks 9th nationally in the rate of gun-related deaths and the state’s overall homicide rate is the nation’s 5th highest
- The median home value in SC is $140,900
- Tourism now a $19B industry in South Carolina
- Installed solar energy capacity in SC grew 303% in the past year
- SC ranks #2 in list of top US states for doing business
You may have to search for the latest statistics, but they are out there – and SC is looking good. You might want to start with a quick Google search on South Carolina 2016 State Statistics.