Fishing Alert! If you are a fisherman, Summerton, Santee and Lake Marion are the place to be. Lake Marion is one of the foremost recreational fishing spots in the nation. Species of fish in the lake include a variety of bass, bream, crappie, and catfish. For more examples, see the Santee National Wildlife Refuge Brochure.
|Fishing can be defined as trying to catch fish for personal or commercial purposes. Various techniques are used to catch fish, whether it be for food or sport. Key fishing techniques include angling, spearfishing, netting, and trapping. The term is not normally applied to catching 'farmed fish'.|
Visiting fishing enthusiasts and their families might also want to do some boating on beautiful Lake Marion or visit one of the many federal and state parks in the area, where they can camp, hike, bike, and enjoy many other outdoor recreation activities.
- Annual Big Daddy Fishing Tournament on Lake Marion
- Bass Pro Shops Crappie Masters Tournament on Lake Marion
- Cabela's King Kat Tournament on Santee-Cooper Lakes
- Clarendon County's Annual Striped Bass Tournament
- Fishing League Worldwide (FLW) Tournaments on Santee Cooper Lakes
* Download Map of Santee-Cooper Lakes, i.e. Lake Marion & Lake Moultrie.
Finally, check out some of the following selected Information sources as you plan your trip to the area:
- Field & Stream Magazine
- Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- South Carolina Fishing Report - Angler's Guide to Lake Marion
- South Carolina Fish Consumption Advisories
- Santee Cooper Sportsman TV
- South Carolina Hunting & Fishing eRegulations
- South Carolina Great Outdoors
* Don't forget to visit the Summerton SC: Nature & Outdoor Recreation web site.