Visiting South Carolina soon? Make sure you take time to visit the Santee Cooper Country, half way between Columbia and Charleston, S.C. You might want to visit during one of the many local festivals held during the year.
|Festivals are often large outdoor events typically centering on the celebration of some unique aspect of a particular community - e.g. geography, history, or culture.|
Some of the many annual Festivals or Outdoor Events that take place in Summerton and the surrounding Santee Cooper Lake Country (i.e. Lake Marion & Lake Moultrie) include:
- 4-H Summer Camp
- Annual 'Taste of Clarendon'
- 'Bird Fest' Bluegrass Festival
- 'Big Daddy' Annual Santee Fishing Tournament & Festival
- Clarendon County 'Annual Striped Bass' Tournament
- Annual Elloree Trials - Quarter Horse & Thoroughbred Races
- Francis Marion 'Swamp Fox' Annual Symposium
- Lone Star Bluegrass & Country Music Annual Jamboree
- PaddleFest on Lake Marion
- Puddin' Swamp Annual Festival
- Santee Annual Christmas Bird Count
- Santee Bird & Nature Festival
- Santee National Golf Tournament
Other Selected Information Sources
For more information about the area, make sure you visit the Summerton SC: Nature & Outdoor Recreation web site.