#Hunting Season starts September 3, 2016, in South Carolina. For more details, see http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/dove/fields.html
Hunting is the practice of pursuing, trapping, killing, or 'harvesting' animals and/or other wildlife for food, recreation, or trade. The species that are hunted are referred to as game and are usually either mammals or birds.
Hunting is primarily regulated by state law, though additional federal regulations may be imposed especially in the case of migratory birds and endangered species. Laws and regulations governing the areas, time periods, techniques and methods by which specific game animals may be hunted vary widely from state to state.
If you are a hunter, Summerton, Lake Marion and the surrounding area are the place to be. Deer, racoon, feral hogs, coyote, opossum, squirrel, turkey, dove, and waterfowl are just some of the game available for hunting.
Check out the following hunting locations near Summerton, S.C.
Selected Information Sources
- Bow Hunters Magazine
- Bow Hunters of South Carolina
- Cabelas Superstore
- Crossroads Archery
- Ducks Unlimited
- Santee Cooper Sportsman TV
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- South Carolina Great Outdoors
- South Carolina Hunting & Fishing eRegulations
- South Carolina Hunt Clubs
- South Carolina Sportsman
- South Carolina Waterfowl Association
* Find out more about Duck Hunting Guides & Services near Summerton, S.C.