10.4.18

Smart Gardening Technologies and Tools

This article is all about ‘smart’ gardening technologies and tools now available to the average homeowner. You might get a kick out of what is already out there.

Those of you who have read my previous posts on Smart’ Hats, ‘Smart’Fishing Rods, ‘Smart’Kayaks, ‘Smart’Guns, and ‘Smart’Hiking Sticks - you already know I really often don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m just no longer a big outdoorsman. Instead of going outside to hike, kayak, fish, hunt, or garden, I much prefer to stay at home and interact with the many interconnected and entertaining ‘smart’ systems installed throughout my home.

However, I still know how to get up and go plant flowers, cut bushes, and mow the lawn if needed. Nowadays, whenever I get ready to go out to garden, I first ask my ‘smart’ assistant, Alexa, to start up the robotic lawn mower, my personal drone, and bring up the video feed and data from my lawn cameras, various plant and soil sensors, sprinkler system, ‘smart’ bird feeders, etc… and display the data on my big screen TV. That way I know what I will be facing. Then I grab my trusty ‘smart’ hat, ‘smart’ hiking stick, chair, and smartphone -- and head outdoors.

Definitions
  • Horticulture is the science and art of growing plants – e.g. fruits, vegetables, flowers. It covers the fields of plant conservation, landscape restoration, soil management, landscape, garden design, and more.
  • Gardening generally refers to the construction, cultivation, and maintenance of the gardens envisioned by a landscape artists. Gardening is heavily focused on the growing and cultivation of flowers and plants.
  • Smart’ Gardening generally refers to the design, development, and maintenance of gardens using the latest in modern technologies and tools, e.g. artificial intelligence, robots, drones, apps...


Examples of ‘Smart’ Gardening Technologies & Solutions

Gardening today need not be like gardening back in your Mom’s day. Today, it’s all about ‘smart’ gardening. The following are some recent published articles about ‘smart’ gardening technologies and tools you might want to know more about:
The 1st generation of ‘smart’ technologies for homeowners and gardeners is now here – but imagine what technologies and capabilities the next generation of ‘smart’ solutions will include. For example – think augmented reality software, artificial intelligence (AI), self-driving vehicles, drones… and then onto your outdoor recreation ‘Smart’Fishing Rods, ‘Smart’Kayaks, ‘Smart’Guns, ‘Smart’Hiking Sticks ... Will the wonders never cease.

As I said before, whenever I go outside nowadays to play tennis, ride around in my boat, or watch a ballgame, do a little gardening… I now try to be ‘smart’ about it. What about you?



Other Selected Links

 * Don't forget to visit the Pink Dogwood Garden Club web site.

2 comments:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of summerton-sc blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing info about Smart Gardening Technologies and Tools. Thanks

    ReplyDelete