2.9.19

‘Smart' Kitchens and Cooking Technology in the 21st Century

Those of you who have read my previous posts on Smart’ Hats, Smart’Fishing Rods, ‘Smart’Kayaks, ‘Smart’Guns, and ‘Smart’Hiking Sticks - you already know I really often don’t know what I’m talking about. For those who don’t know me, I’m just not much of a big outdoorsman. Instead of going outside to hike, kayak, fish, hunt, or garden, I much prefer to stay at home and interact with the many interconnected and entertaining ‘smart’ systems installed throughout my home.

This article is all about new ‘smart’ kitchen technologies and cooking tools now available to homeowners. You might get a kick out of what is already out there. I can’t wait to try out many of these new devices, and I know you can’t wait to hear about them. So here we go!

Cooking in the 21st Century

Nowadays, whenever I get ready to prepare a meal in my ‘smart’ kitchen, I first ask my ‘smart’ assistant, Alexa, to give me suggestions about what to cook after it checks with my ‘smart’ refrigerator on what food I currently have. I then have it display the proposed recipe and video instructions on my big screen ‘smart’ TV. That way I know exactly what I will be facing when I head to the kitchen my ‘smart’ kitchen of the 21st Century.

Cooking
The art and science of preparing food for consumption. Cooking ingredients and techniques vary widely across the world - from grilling food over an open fire, to using gas or electric stoves, to baking in various types of ovens.

Smart’ Cooking
The art and science of ‘Smart’ Cooking is all about bringing smart appliances, cooking apps, and inter-connectivity technology (e.g. WiFi and Bluetooth) into the kitchen to help improve your cooking experience while also delivering better tasting and more consistent results.

Kitchens are generally considered by many to be the center of today’s home. New ‘smart home’ technologies have now moved into the kitchen and are helping to transform the task of cooking into a more sophisticated, pleasurable, and safe experience.

The global smart’ kitchen appliances market currently consists of ‘smart’ dishwashers, ‘smart’ refrigerators, ‘smart’ ovens, ‘smart’ scales and thermometers, ‘smart’ cookware, ‘smart’ stoves and cooktops, and various other countertop appliances. The global ‘smart’ kitchen appliances market is expected to soar past $3 billion by 2022.

Examples of ‘Smart’ Cooking Technologies & Solutions


Next Generation Kitchen and Cooking Technology and Tools


The 1st generation of ‘smart’ technologies for homeowners is now here – but imagine what technologies and capabilities the next generation of ‘smart’ kitchen and cooking solutions will include. For example – think ‘smart’ personal assistants, robot chefs, augmented reality (AR) software, artificial intelligence (AI), 5G networking, self-driving vehicles and drone delivery systems, 3D food printers… not to mention ‘smart’ ingredients and… computer brain interface technology… Whoa! Cooking in the 21st century could get really weird when you think about it.

As I said before, whenever I head to the kitchen to cook, or go outside nowadays to play tennis, ride around in my boat, watch a ballgame, or do a little gardening… I now try to be ‘smart’ about it. What about you?






* You might want to read some of my other articles on ‘smart’ technologies and solutions, e.g. ‘Smart Gardening, Smart’Fishing Rods, ‘Smart’Kayaks, ‘Smart’Guns, ‘Smart’Hiking Sticks, Smart’ Golfing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment