Birders and other Wildlife Enthusiasts! Visiting South Carolina soon? Check out the diverse wildlife in federal, state, and local parks around around Lake Marion, Santee, and Summerton S.C.
Wildlife traditionally refers not only to non-domesticated animal species, but also generally includes all plants, fungi and other organisms which grow or live wild in an area not inhabited by humans.
Wildlife can be found in many diverse ecosystems such as deserts, forests, rain forests, plains, swamps, grasslands, and other areas. Each may have very distinctly different forms of wildlife.
To view the diverse wildlife around Lake Marion, Santee, and Summerton S.C., visit one of the many local, state, and national parks and wildlife refuge areas such as:
- Bennett's Bay Heritage Preserve
- Beidler Forest & Wildlife Refuge
- Manchester State Forest
- Santee Cooper Wildlife Management Area
- Santee National Wildlife Refuge
- Santee State Park
- Taw Caw Park
- Woods Bay Heritage Preserve
- Woods Bay State Park
Other Selected Information Sources
- Camp Wildlife
- National Wildlife Federation
- Santee Cooper Country
- SCWA Wildlife Education Center
- South Carolina Wildlife Magazine
- South Carolina Wildlife Federation
- US Fish & Wildlife Service